Specializing in grief support and highly recognized on numerous occasions as a Forbe’s Best of the Web winner for tremendous work in comprehensive online grievance coping, we have partnered with and highly recommend the online pet loss message board services of Beyond Indigo’s Grieving.com.
Sometimes it helps to talk with someone who has felt the pain of losing a beloved pet and who understands how it feels to try and move on without your special companion. The Beyond Indigo pet loss support forum is a place to share your grief, express your feelings of loss, and find new hope and healing. This is an open, free group that warmly invites you to join our kindhearted, supportive community.
Guidelines and Advice for Coping with the Loss of a Pet
- Recognize your deep feelings of pain as grief.
- Allow yourself time to actually grieve and express your feelings.
- Talk to a friend, family member, pet loss support group, or someone who can listen well and comfort you in this time of struggle.
- Our online grief forum is particularly helpful in seeking advice or simple conversation from people who have either been in your position before or are currently going through the same difficulties.
- If you do not feel comfortable talking about your feelings with others, then jot down some notes in a diary or journal to release your emotions.
- Read a grief support book
- Create a personalized online memorial page for your pet or honor your special friend by lighting a virtual candle.
- Know that it is OK to be sad, but also try to be positive and remember your pet as a happy, playful, loving friend who will never be absent from your heart.