- Click on a question below to see the answer -
Q: What is the difference between private, individual, and communal pet cremation?
- Private cremation—Your beloved pet will be placed into a completely private crematory chamber. We have designed and pioneered the most technically advanced, environmentally friendly equipment that allows for 100% private cremation while simultaneously reducing our carbon footprint.
- Individual cremation—Your cherished pet is placed individually into the crematory and kept separate from all other pets by means of partitions.
- Communal cremation—Your dearly departed pet is cremated in a group setting with other pets. The remains will not be returned to you, but rather the ashes will be scattered across the fields of our peaceful family farm.
Q: Can I bring my pet to a Final Gift Pet Aftercare and Memorial Center rather than use your pick-up services?
A: Yes, you may bring your pet directly to us. Please call so that we are prepared for your arrival. You can also arrange for us to pick up your companion at your local veterinary hospital or home.
Q: My pet passed away and I’m not sure what to do now?
A: If your pet passed away at your veterinary clinic, you can instruct the hospital to use the services of Final Gift.
- If your veterinary hospital is not currently a partner with us, please contact us directly at any time of day or night. We will discuss with you all possible aftercare options and will then take care of further arrangement details with your veterinarian for you.
- If your animal hospital is one of our clients, there is no need to contact us. We are at each of our veterinary hospitals multiple times per week to make pick-ups. They will notify us about your pet and your final arrangement wishes. Additionally, you always have the option of bringing your pet directly to our center yourself.
If your pet has passed away at home, we offer 24-hour emergency service. Call us anytime; we can arrange for a team member to come to your home to pick up your pet, or, if preferred, we can schedule you to come directly to our center.
Q: If I choose cremation, how soon can I get my pet’s remains back?
A: Depending on the type of service you choose, our turnaround time varies from the same day to 72 hours. If you choose our witness cremation service, you can be present during the cremation and leave with your beloved pet within a couple hours.
Q: How do I know that I am getting the right remains back?
A: We have a multi-point check process in place, verifying the pet at each stage from the point of pick up or drop off to the point of return. Each pet is assigned an identification tag that stays with the companion animal throughout the entire aftercare process. You are also welcome to choose our witnessed cremation service, allowing you to witness your pet being placed into the crematory. With this option, you may rest in our comfortable waiting area during the cremation.
Q: How much does cremation cost?
A: The cost varies depending on the weight of your pet and the service you choose. For additional information, please call us at (401) 464-8338. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Q: Do you provide pet euthanasia services?
A: We do not provide this service, as only a professional veterinarian may euthanize a pet. We can, however, provide you with several referrals; we have reliable partners in every state that offer humane pet euthanasia after all other wellness options have been exhausted. Please always feel free to call us for any additional help.